Government Roundtable Briefing with Alfresco, AWS & Zaizi
Yvonne summarised the top 3 challenges to be addressed:
- Understanding leadership needs.
- Understanding government’s role in standards.
- Building digital skills at pace.
Roundtable Open Discussion Session (Moderated by Sue Daley)
The main topics discussed were:
- The digital skills gap and solutions to solving it such as taking a long-term view i.e. running apprenticeships or training ex-military personnel such as AWS re:Start Program.
- How to cope with the impending GDPR regulations and confusion over what it really means: how it would be more practical to give weight to sharing best practice and educating organisations on how to be compliant rather than scaremongering.
- Brexit being a roadblock to deploying digital transformation due to the pressure, uncertainty and the need to design new systems by 2020.
- Lastly, having a data strategy is key. It sits at the heart of digital transformation. It is important to know your strategy, your processes, where your data is stored, how your data is shared and with whom.
The event concluded with a summary from George Parapadakis from Alfresco: Digital transformation is more than just a concept, it is a practice. It goes beyond the user experience. It’s about systems, services and skills and how well back end systems are simplified. And, of course, people want speed: consequently, developing an agile environment is essential to the success of a project.
All in all, it was a great morning, with plenty to think about.
We hope to see you at our future events.