- New and powerful digital asset management capabilities
- Elimination of complex, manual and paper based systems and processes enabling fast, digital access to key Safety, Engineering and Operational information
- Comprehensive audit trail and governance to comply with regulatory and safety requirements
- Streamlined information distribution, management, and access controls.
- Secure collaboration and information sharing across international boundaries, with plans to incorporate up to 360 on board, station-based and roving operational personnel
- Stored engineering documentation in a central repository, instantly searchable and available to international offices, enabling a mobile engineering workforce in the future
When it came to selecting an ECM platform capable of supporting Eurostar’s complex information sharing needs, usability proved a critical requirement. During early end-user testing of a selection of platforms which at the time included SharePoint and Documentum Alfresco quickly emerged as a clear favourite.
Getting Onboard with Mobile Collaboration
With the help of Zaizi a major mobile collaboration project is now live to further extend the benefits of Alfresco to the company’s 360-strong train crew workforce.
“Our mobile train crews are already equipped with iPhones and iPads. We are currently using a secure custom Alfresco mobile app that Zaizi has build to ensure Train Managers, Drivers and Traction Inspectors have the latest safety manuals and regulations at their fingertips”