Subscribe to Agile
- Zaizi hosted a webinar looking at how local councils can use Digital Process Automation (DPA) to provide better services for residents against the backdrop of the constant funding challenges councils face.
- “We cannot underestimate the importance of people in the digital transformation journey,” that was one of the main conclusions from our recent survey exploring the progress of digital transformation in government departments.
- A few weeks ago, I overheard a conversation on a train between two, let’s call them ‘seasoned’ consultants, who were raving to each other about this wonderful new methodology they’d discovered called ‘Agile' and how they were super excited to learn more and put it into practice. Using all the Agile buzzwords, they obviously thought Agile was the answer to all their problems.
- So, what is agile? It depends on who you ask. For me, agile is a mindset - you HAVE to be adaptable; you CANNOT be scared of failing fast; you MUST be a team player; you NEED to listen to others. I believe in following these rules, you will be on a good path to an agile way of working.
- Our CEO and Founder Aingaran Pillai has written a piece for Digital Leaders on what public sector institutions need to prioritise in 2019 when it comes to digital transformation.
- The GDS Government Service Standard — formerly Digital Service Standard — helps government create and run, user-led digital services. As part of the government’s wider ‘Digital by Default’ drive, the service standard was introduced in 2014 and updated a year later to reduce the number of assessments from 26 to 18. You can find the list here.
- This summer, Zaizi placed three interns as part of the CyberFirst scheme. The university students have been working closely with our teams over the last two months, delivering projects and learning about cyber security.
- Understand what DevOps is. It’s not something you buy off the shelf. It’s not a tool you install or a just another process you hire a consultant to develop. DevOps is much more of a philosophy of software development.
- So how do we cater for a complete test on every sprint or every release? We can use Selenium for Test Automation. When we use a continuous integration approach it would be helpful to use Selenium Grid. It allows you to run your tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel. Essentially, Selenium-Grid supports distributed test execution.