Subscribe to Approach and Delivery
- The GDS Government Service Standard — formerly Digital Service Standard — helps government create and run, user-led digital services. As part of the government’s wider ‘Digital by Default’ drive, the service standard was introduced in 2014 and updated a year later to reduce the number of assessments from 26 to 18. You can find the list here.
- We were at Digitech 2018 last month speaking to a number of officials from central government about digital transformation and the public sector. Check out what the officials from Government Digital Service (GDS), Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and FCO Services had to say. How can digital transformation save costs for public sector organisations?
- Whatever Brexit deal we end up with, it will have an impact on public sector institutions. For some, like central government departments, there will be major transitional work as responsibilities from the EU transfer back to the UK. That means an increase in workload for government departments.
- We produced a blog for techUK's cloud week on why organisations should embrace cloud & embed 'good enough' cyber security. Head of Sales, Andrew Hawkins, says adopting cloud will give organisations the opportunity to grow, innovate and see cost savings. But in implementing cloud, cyber security has to be at the forefront of business thinking.
- As government departments face further austerity measures, the pressure is on to bring in more savings, and to make it happen quickly. Departments have been urged to make bold decisions, and take decisive action.
- Understand what DevOps is. It’s not something you buy off the shelf. It’s not a tool you install or a just another process you hire a consultant to develop. DevOps is much more of a philosophy of software development.
- Amazon Web Services have announced the opening of their London based UK region. They informed of their intentions at the end of 2015 to open a UK region, which has been hotly anticipated throughout the year with many events in the UK and worldwide to showcase their new services and solutions
- Join us for the Alfresco meetup for government where this month we discussed Workflow, Usability and Migration. Enriching the public sector with open source and open standards technology.
- Attending the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Summit in London earlier this month was an eye opening experience and provided a glimpse into how data can be ingested, stored and analysed in the most efficient way – not in the future, but today.