Subscribe to Approach and Delivery
- One of the benefits of Digital Process Automation (DPA) is that it provides a roadmap on how you can quickly understand, visualise and improve processes. In the previous blog, we looked at how APIs help with overhauling legacy systems. In this blog, we’ll see how DPA helps you coordinate these APIs and their implementations.
- A big challenge public sector bodies face when it comes to digital transformation is the ambivalence to changing legacy systems; ‘what's the need to replace existing systems?’ some say. Government departments have done well in changing the front-end services citizens use, but not tackling legacy back-end systems will lead to problems over time.
- Our CEO and Founder Aingaran Pillai has written a piece for Digital Leaders on what public sector institutions need to prioritise in 2019 when it comes to digital transformation.
- The GDS Government Service Standard — formerly Digital Service Standard — helps government create and run, user-led digital services. As part of the government’s wider ‘Digital by Default’ drive, the service standard was introduced in 2014 and updated a year later to reduce the number of assessments from 26 to 18. You can find the list here.
- We were at Digitech 2018 last month speaking to a number of officials from central government about digital transformation and the public sector. Check out what the officials from Government Digital Service (GDS), Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and FCO Services had to say. How can digital transformation save costs for public sector organisations?
- Whatever Brexit deal we end up with, it will have an impact on public sector institutions. For some, like central government departments, there will be major transitional work as responsibilities from the EU transfer back to the UK. That means an increase in workload for government departments.
- We produced a blog for techUK's cloud week on why organisations should embrace cloud & embed 'good enough' cyber security. Head of Sales, Andrew Hawkins, says adopting cloud will give organisations the opportunity to grow, innovate and see cost savings. But in implementing cloud, cyber security has to be at the forefront of business thinking.
- As government departments face further austerity measures, the pressure is on to bring in more savings, and to make it happen quickly. Departments have been urged to make bold decisions, and take decisive action.
- Understand what DevOps is. It’s not something you buy off the shelf. It’s not a tool you install or a just another process you hire a consultant to develop. DevOps is much more of a philosophy of software development.