Subscribe to Public Sector
- Often procurement in the public sector can feel like an afterthought or simply a necessary evil. As discussed at the parliamentary Science and Technology Committee earlier in the year, a real win would be to make procurement and commercial teams in the public sector work more strategically.
- Zaizi hosted a webinar looking at how local councils can use Digital Process Automation (DPA) to provide better services for residents against the backdrop of the constant funding challenges councils face.
- Last time we looked at how you can take a bottom-up approach with Digital Process Automation (DPA) to control your legacy systems.
- “We cannot underestimate the importance of people in the digital transformation journey,” that was one of the main conclusions from our recent survey exploring the progress of digital transformation in government departments.
- Local government is walking a tight-rope. It’s balancing the challenges of updating legacy systems to provide better services to citizens but with less money — for example, councils in England are potentially facing a funding gap of £8 billion by 2025. So what is being done about this?
- One of the benefits of Digital Process Automation (DPA) is that it provides a roadmap on how you can quickly understand, visualise and improve processes. In the previous blog, we looked at how APIs help with overhauling legacy systems. In this blog, we’ll see how DPA helps you coordinate these APIs and their implementations.
- So, what is agile? It depends on who you ask. For me, agile is a mindset - you HAVE to be adaptable; you CANNOT be scared of failing fast; you MUST be a team player; you NEED to listen to others. I believe in following these rules, you will be on a good path to an agile way of working.
- A big challenge public sector bodies face when it comes to digital transformation is the ambivalence to changing legacy systems; ‘what's the need to replace existing systems?’ some say. Government departments have done well in changing the front-end services citizens use, but not tackling legacy back-end systems will lead to problems over time.
- Our CEO and Founder Aingaran Pillai has written a piece for Digital Leaders on what public sector institutions need to prioritise in 2019 when it comes to digital transformation.