Subscribe to Technical, Software and Digital
- A few of our techies went to the international developer conference Alfresco DevCon 2019 in January, held this year in Edinburgh. It was an opportunity for Duncan, Fahiz and Mark to meet like-minded developers to share ideas and collaborate. Here they are with their thoughts and what they learned from the event:
- The number of people using messaging apps has skyrocketed. Apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, Slack and Viber have over 5 billion monthly users worldwide. With this kind of growth, virtual chatbots — which imitate human conversations — are becoming very popular among users and the demand for instantaneous chat to solve problems is increasing.
- With online safety becoming an increasing concern, the adoption of two-factor authentication is prevalent. Single passwords are no longer robust in this day and age, and so the need for a second layer of protection ensures better security of online accounts. The commonly used two-factor authentication methods at the moment are One-Time Passwords (SMS Verification or App-Generated Codes), Tokens, RFID cards and Security Keys.
- Central Government and the public sector have a responsibility to deliver successful digital transformation to improve services for citizens, streamline processes and make savings. But do they have the right skills and structures for success? We spoke to over 90 Central Government departments and agencies to find out how ingrained digital was in their DNA. Including:
- Digital Transformation Weekly: How ingrained is digital within the DNA of public sector organisations?The public sector has a responsibility to deliver successful digital transformation, not just to become more cost-effective but also to deliver better services to the British public
- AWS announced on the 13th of December 2016 the immediate availability of the new Europe (London) Region. The London Region joined Ireland and Frankfurt as AWS’s third European location, and provides customers with a new option for end users and applications benefiting from infrastructure located in Europe.
- As many companies embark on their digital transformation journey to the cloud, making sure that both business and IT are aligned at every step of the way is easier said than done.