Subscribe to user experience
- The GDS' updated Service Standard – initially introduced in 2014 to help government create and run user-led digital services – has now come into force. From 1 July, any new discovery work undertaken by government bodies needs to adhere to the new standards. At some point, services already in progress will transition to the updated standards but GDS says this is unlikely to happen before early 2020.
- Public sector organisations are wrestling to address a whole host of issues when they embark on their digital transformation journey.
- Zaizi hosted a webinar looking at how local councils can use Digital Process Automation (DPA) to provide better services for residents against the backdrop of the constant funding challenges councils face.
- A few weeks ago, I overheard a conversation on a train between two, let’s call them ‘seasoned’ consultants, who were raving to each other about this wonderful new methodology they’d discovered called ‘Agile' and how they were super excited to learn more and put it into practice. Using all the Agile buzzwords, they obviously thought Agile was the answer to all their problems.
- Content security and data privacy are high in demand in most organisations in Government, Legal and Financial sector. However, secure collaboration is fundamental to these organisations to get work done by allowing their employees to work together effectively.
- Alfresco as an open source product is great because it is free to use (GPL Licence), but only when they are offered as a Community Edition. Functionalities of Community and Enterprise are exactly the same. But Enterprise Edition differs by the service or support that you eventually have to pay for.
- Technical innovation has sparked significant social change in the publishing industry and we now live in an era where information is available in abundance. Information is growing at an exponential rate and massive portion of 80% of this information is unstructured and unusable to a large extent.
- Meaningfully structuring content is critical for companies, Natural Language Processing and Semantic Enrichment is becoming increasingly important to improve the quality of tasks related to information retrieval.
- With Enterprise Document Management we can store any kind of paper- like document, and also paper-unlike as multimedia content. This content could be a document, a record, at some point a document and later a record...whatever. But once you store such documents, users will want to perform operation with them.