Organisations are creating tremendous volumes of digital content – documents, e-mails, videos, audio, images, etc.
Enterprise Content Management systems that capture, manage and store this digital big data are a key component of a modern organisation’s information technology landscape.
At Zaizi, we’ve been deploying Alfresco as an organisation wide Enterprise Content Hub for Government and Financial Services organisations. Enterprise Content Hub is a single platform deployed across an organisation for the storage and management of all digital content.
Enterprise Content Hub Features
An Enterprise Content Hub should provide;
- A collaborative user interface to enable employees, partners and customers to work together effectively. Accessible from desktops and mobiles; the interface should provide knowledge management best practices.
- An open interface to enable third party and line of business applications to easily utilise the content repository for storage of content. E.g. invoices from the finance system.
- Desktop and MS Office integrations to enable users to efficiently store and find content as they go about their daily work. Records management, audit and reporting capabilities to enable the organisations to meet the compliance and regulatory requirements for their specific industry.
- Intelligent search to enable the knowledge workers to find the the most relevant content they have access to only quickly, while enabling compliance and risk teams to find all content related to a specific topic across the repository.
- In addition to providing the above features the Enterprise Content Hub should be cloud scalable. If the system is slow and inefficient it will impact the productivity of the entire organisation.
Alfresco Content Hub
Alfresco’s modern architecture – built on open source and open standards based software – enables it to be cloud scalable on commodity hardware to meet the demands of global organisation for an Enterprise Content Hub. At the upcoming “Adopting Open Source Software within the corporate ICT strategy” conference I will be presenting how Zaizi is helping large government and financial services organisations to utilise Alfresco as an Enterprise Content Hub by integrating with other open source technologies.
In the talk and subsequently in a series of blog posts I will specifically cover;
- Using MongoDB for Reference Data to implement Alfresco Label Security
- Alfresco Repository Audit and Usage Reporting using ElasticSearch
- Federated Search for Alfresco using Apache ManifoldCF
- Alfresco Intelligent Search using Apache Stanbol
- Scalable Storage for Alfresco using OpenStack
User-centred design: The key to security positive culturePublished on: 30 November, 2023
Why I’m passionate about patient-centred digital health and social carePublished on: 22 November, 2023
GitHub Copilot: Exploring AI pair programming toolsPublished on: 15 November, 2023
Reflections from Amsterdam: The Global Scrum Gathering 2023Published on: 7 November, 2023